NEW Graduate Student Position
The UCOWR Board seeks graduate student input. Nominate a talented student today!
A recently created position voted in by the UCOWR Board of Directors will give graduate students a voice in UCOWR planning and governance. Particularly, the student member will add a valuable perspective toward promoting greater student involvement in our annual conference. Nominations for this new student position on the Board will follow the same timeline as the regular Board Nomination and Election process.
- The election will open March 2023 and conclude April 2023.
- New board members will take office at the end of our Annual Water Resource Conference in Fort Collins, CO, June 13-15, 2023.
- Deadline for Nominations: December 16, 2022
What is expected of the Graduate Student Board Member?
- Complete a one-year term on the UCOWR Board of Directors
- Serve as a voting member of the Board
- Attend annual conference and quarterly Board meetings (3 teleconference, 1 in-person at conference)
- Help to plan annual UCOWR/NIWR conference, particularly special sessions, student activities/events and field trips
- Serve on an award committee
- Actively participate in ongoing Board activities as appropriate (See Roles and Responsibilities of Board of Directors.)
What is the nomination process for a Graduate Student Board Member?
1) Graduate student candidates must be from and be nominated by a delegate from a UCOWR member institution.
2) Students seeking nomination must submit to their nominating delegate:
- brief letter of intent
- copy of recent CV
3) UCOWR Delegates, please email graduate student nomination materials to the UCOWR home office at email@example.com
Email nominations to the UCOWR home office at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday, December 16, 2022.
The election will open March 2023 and conclude April 2023.
New board members will take office at the end of our Annual Water Resource Conference in Fort Collins, CO, June 13-15, 2023.