The UCOWR Early Career Award for Extension/Outreach/Engagement recognizes outstanding early contributions through Extension, Outreach and Engagement activities related to water. The successful candidate should have a significant record of accomplishment in Extension, Outreach and Engagement and show promise of continued professional growth and recognition.
The nominee must:
- Hold a graduate degree by the nomination deadline.
- Be within 6 years of starting an academic position at a UCOWR member institution as of the nominating deadline.
- Exemplary portfolio of Extension/Outreach/Engagement focusing on water
- Evidence of supporting accomplishments such as (but not limited to):
- Demonstrated impact and innovation of programs
- Extension/Outreach/Engagement awards
- Extension/Outreach/Engagement publications, multimedia products and/or media coverage
- Leadership in water-related activities and/or associations
- Invited presentations
- Success in securing external funding or sponsorships for programs
The nominator must provide:
- Full name, organization, email address, mailing address, telephone number of nominee.
- A nominator statement no longer than 1000 words. The statement should address the eligibility criteria and the desired qualifications for selection listed above. In addition, the statement should describe the scope, content and objectives of the nominee’s Extension/Outreach/Engagement portfolio.
- A current CV for the nominee.
- One letter of support not to exceed two pages (in addition to the nominator statement) from a person familiar with the nominee’s activities and area of expertise.
All submitted materials should be included together in one pdf file.
Nomination materials must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than February 1, 2019.
Nominations are reviewed by a committee which will submit a recommendation to the Board of Directors. The committee may choose not to give out awards in any year.
Recipients will be recognized at the UCOWR Awards Luncheon, held at the Annual Conference, scheduled for June 11-12, 2019, in Snowbird, UT.