The UCOWR Mid-Career Award for Applied Research recognizes outstanding contributions in applied research related to water. The successful candidate should have a significant record of accomplishment in research.
The nominee must:
- Have served 6 to 12 years in a position and is employed at a UCOWR member institution as of the nominating deadline.
- Be academic faculty or staff, in a tenure-track (e.g., associate professor) or a non-tenure track (e.g., research professor, extension professor, teaching professor, lecturer), or other research (e.g., research associate, extension educator) position.
- Exemplary published applied research focusing on water
- Evidence of supporting accomplishments such as (but not limited to):
- Research awards
- Leadership in water-related activities and/or associations
- Invited presentations
- Success in securing grants
Nominations must be submitted by a UCOWR delegate. The nominator must provide:
- Full name, organization, email address, mailing address, telephone number of nominee.
- A nominator statement no longer than 1,000 words. The statement should address the eligibility criteria and the desired qualifications for selection. In addition, the statement should describe the nominee’s research portfolio and the impact and application of the research.
- A current CV for the nominee.
- One letter of support (in addition to the nominator statement) from a person familiar with the nominee’s area of expertise.
All submitted materials should be included together in one pdf file.
Nomination materials must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than October 30, 2020.
Nominations are reviewed by a committee which will submit a recommendation to the Board of Directors. The committee may choose not to give out awards in any year.
Recipients will be recognized at the UCOWR Awards Luncheon, held at the Annual Conference, scheduled for June 8-10, 2021, in Greenville, SC.