Call for Nominations for UCOWR Board of Directors
November 1, 2022
Nominate a colleague or yourself for one of three open positions.
Last day to submit is Friday, December 16, 2022.
Help lead UCOWR and the water resources profession into the future! Service on the Board of Directors of UCOWR is a fantastic leadership opportunity as you help guide, direct, and cast a vision for the organization. The opportunity to work with other water resource leaders in UCOWR allows you to be part of the decision making process on the national level, driving the strategic goals of the organization. This is an exciting time to join the leadership of UCOWR and help us map our ambitious future.
How can this service opportunity help my professional development?
- Develop valuable skills in non-profit governance, conference program planning, strategic planning, and guiding a peer-reviewed journal
- Expand your network of contacts
- Achieve recognition from your employer, community, peers
- Develop leadership experience
- Serve with and for a highly engaged water resources community across the nation
What does a UCOWR Board Member do?
Members of the Board of Directors work closely with the UCOWR home office at Southern Illinois University Carbondale, where a small dedicated staff takes care of managing UCOWR day-to-day operations. Board of Directors members each serve a three-year term. Members may seek election for a second term, and some continue their Board service in role of President. The specific roles and responsibilities fulfilled by individuals on the UCOWR Board are detailed here: Roles and Responsibilities of Board of Directors.
Who can be nominated?
Candidates must be a delegate of a current UCOWR member institution. Not sure of the member status of your institution? You can check here: UCOWR Directory.
Only one delegate from any member institution may serve on the Board at any given time. Thus, nominated individuals cannot be from a member institution that is already represented by our continuing Board members. Members of the Board of Directors continuing their terms for July 1, 2023 – June 30, 2024 are:
- President: Jerry Kauffman, University of Delaware
- President-Elect: Jeffrey Peterson, University of Minnesota
- Past President: Bridget Guerrero, West Texas A&M University
- Kofi Akamani, Southern Illinois University
- Laura Bowling, Purdue University
- Lucas Gregory, Texas A&M University
- Andrea Ludwig, University of Tennessee
- Michael O’Driscoll, East Carolina University
- Julie Padowski, Washington State University
Email nominations to the UCOWR home office at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday, December 16, 2022.
The election will open March 2023 and conclude April 2023.
New board members will take office at the end of our Annual Water Resource Conference in Fort Collins, CO, June 13-15, 2023.