Continuing Education Units/Professional Development Hours
Attending a professional conference such as the UCOWR/NIWR Water Resources Conference is a great way to earn CEU/PDHs, but how can you receive credit for your efforts?
First step – contact your state or professional licensing agency.
Make sure that you:
- Contact the agency at least 30 days before attending the conference.
- Request criteria for relevancy from your agency.
- Double check that the conference format is approved for credit.
- Ask what credit the agency approves.
- Find out what steps must YOU take to receive credit for the event.
- Do you need to submit an application for credit to the agency prior to attending?
- Are there any documents you need to submit to the agency after training (handouts, certificates of attendance, self-report forms of specific sessions attended)?
How we can help you.
UCOWR and NIWR cannot guarantee that your agency will award you credit.
It is up to each individual to contact their credit-granting state or professional agency ahead of the conference, as noted above.
UCOWR and NIWR can help you keep track and record what you have done.
UCOWR will provide a detailed form that allows registrants to self-track their attendance at conference offerings including technical sessions, technical field trip experiences, and workshops. This form will contain the details of the specific conference attended, and will be available once the technical program is finalized, typically four to six weeks before the conference.
The 2023 UCOWR/NIWR conference C.E. form is now available here.
Print the conference program to attach to your form – it lists the talks included in each concurrent session.
If your agency requires more details, please let us know.
We are happy to share detailed descriptions of sessions, provide abstracts, and whatever else your agency may need to approve your CEUs and/or PDHs.