MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS INCLUDE
- Access to the Journal of Contemporary Water Research and Education, with its concise analysis of pressing water resources issues (8 copies for small organizations, 16 for medium organizations, 32 for large organizations and 64 for very large organizations)
- Discount on registration fee for UCOWR’s annual conference for all your organization's staff
- Collaboration with leading U.S. researchers, educators and professionals on water resources
|Small Organizations (1-99 employees)||$450||$850||$1,200|
|Medium Organizations (100-999 employees)||$1,000||$1,900||$2,700|
|Large Organizations (1000-9,999 employees)||$2,000||$3,800||$5,400|
|Very Large Organizations (10,000+ employees)||$4,000||$7,600||$10,800|
Membership is based on the July 1 – June 30 fiscal year.
MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS INCLUDE
- Access to the Journal of Contemporary Water Research & Education
- Discount on registration fee for UCOWR’s annual conference
- Collaboration with leading U.S. academic researchers, educators, and professionals in water resources
Individual Membership Dues
- Domestic: $100
- Foreign: $120
MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS INCLUDE:
- Access to the Journal of Contemporary Water Research & Education.
- Reduced registration fees at the UCOWR Annual Conference.
- Increased networking opportunities with water resource leaders in business, government, and academica.
- Opportunity to serve as a UCOWR delegate and have a voice in the governance of UCOWR (1 lead delegate and up to 7 additional voting delegates).
- Eligibility to make nominations for UCOWR Board of Directors
- Eligibility to make nominations for annual UCOWR Awards
- Opportunity to receive a scholarship for a graduate student (from your institution) to attend the WaterSmart Innovations Conference.
Membership is based on the fiscal year: July 1 - June 30.
Linking Water Leaders of Today. Developing Water Leaders of Tomorrow. Lead with Us.
The Universities Council on Water Resources (UCOWR) is an association of more than 60 member universities, organizations, and individuals leading in education, research and public service in water resources. What's in it for you?
Access to the Journal of Contemporary Water Resources (JCWRE)
Opportunity to publish an article in the Journal (JCWRE)
Reduced registration fees at our annual conference held during the summer at inviting locations throughout the U.S.
Opportunity to receive a scholarship for a graduate student (from your institution) to attend the WaterSmart Innovations Conference
Increased networking opportunities with water resource leaders in academia, government, and business
Opportunity to serve as a UCOWR delegate and have a voice in the governance of UCOWR
Nominate potential Board members
Make nominations for the annual UCOWR Awards
- 1 year: $450
- 2 years: $850
- 3 years: $1,200
- Permanent: $9,000
Additional benefits from UCOWR membership include:
UCOWR is dedicated to developing new science and preparing leaders and technologies for the use, management, and protection of water resources. UCOWR delegates are advocates for the incorporation of contemporary issues and methodologies in the classroom, research laboratories, and the field. Evolving academic programs in water resources promoted by UCOWR are excellent curriculum models for other interdisciplinary programs.
UCOWR’s officers and member delegates represent the nation’s leading academic professionals dedicated to expanding the knowledge base and training water resources professionals. Each year, graduates of UCOWR member universities constitute the majority of new water resources professionals establishing careers. UCOWR encourages delegates to assume leadership roles within their institutions and supports this through electronic and personal networking services. In addition, the organizational structure of UCOWR provides opportunities for leadership development through participation in committees and on the Board of Directors.
UCOWR is the only professional organization embracing the entire range of disciplines involved in water resources and serving academic institutions and their faculties. This diversity provides the holistic perspective necessary to solve today’s complex water problems and to train the nation’s future water resources leaders. UCOWR promotes the professional growth of member delegates in order to enhance their impact and effectiveness within the community of water resources professionals. The Journal of Contemporary Water Research & Education, a UCOWR publication, presents research to encourage dialog on contemporary water issues to a degree not afforded by other water-related journals. UCOWR’s annual conference provides a forum for exchanges of information in an atmosphere conducive to open discussion and network building among individuals and institutions. The achievements of outstanding water resource professionals are recognized through the UCOWR awards program, including the Warren A. Hall Medal, Ph.D. Dissertation Awards, and the Education and Public Service Award.