Water-related courses are offered in many departments; Public Health, Environmental Conservation, Anthropology, and Civil & Environmental Engineering. While no department offers a formal option in water resources and there is no degree so designated, the following departments provide opportunities for graduate students to focus their graduate work in the water resources fields:
- Landscape Architecture & Regional Planning, Water Resources Planning (Master of Regional Planning)
- Environmental and Natural Resource Economics, Water Resources Economics (M.S. and Ph.D.)
- Plant & Soil Sciences, Water Resources Sciences (M.S. and Ph.D.)
- Environmental Conservation, Water, Wetlands and Watersheds (M.S. and Ph.D.)
- Civil and Environmental Engineering, Water Resources Engineering (M.S. and Ph.D.)
- Geosciences, Groundwater Resources and Geology (M.S. And Ph.D., in Geology).