Oklahoma State University

Stillwater, Oklahoma

Water resources studies leading to the M.S. and Ph.D. degrees are conducted in the Colleges of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources; Engineering, Architecture and Technology; and Arts and Sciences.  In addition, the University has a M.S. and Ph.D. transdisciplinary program for graduate study in Environmental Sciences. Among departments offering water-oriented Ph.D. studies are Biosystems and Agricultural Engineering (watershed hydrology, irrigation engineering), Civil Engineering (water resources engineering, environmental engineering, water quality management), Plant and Soil Sciences (water quality, soil-water management, and nutrient management), and Natural Resource Ecology and Management (fisheries and aquatic ecology, rangeland ecology and management). Other departments offering excellent programs in water-related areas include Geology, Geography, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering (system science), Agronomy, Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, and Chemistry. Water-oriented research activities at Oklahoma State University are supported by the Environmental Institute; the Oklahoma Cooperative Fish and Wildlife Research Unit; the Oklahoma Agricultural Experiment Station; and by state, federal, and private research projects.

Additional information on the research and graduate education programs of the Oklahoma Water Resources Center, including the water research program, can be found at: http://water.okstate.edu