UCOWR recognizes four award categories: Warren A. Hall Medal, Friends of UCOWR, Education and Public Service, and PhD Dissertation Award. Recipients are nominated by UCOWR delegates and are recognized during the Awards Banquet at the annual conference. For more information on each award and the nomination procedure, click on the links below. Nominations for 2017 awards will be accepted December 1, 2016 through February 3, 2017.
Congratulations to the 2016 UCOWR award recipients!
Click the award category for more information about each recipient. They will all be recognized at the 2016 UCOWR Awards Banquet held during the annual conference, June 21-23, 2016, at the Hilton Pensacola Beachfront Hotel in Pensacola Beach, Florida.
- Norman Whittlesey, Washington State University
- Brian Hurd, New Mexico State University
- Mac McKee, Utah State University
- James Heaney, University of Florida
- Todd Jarvis, Oregon State University
- Tom Cech, Metropolitan State University of Denver
- Christopher Obropta, Rutgers University
- David Warsinger, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (Natural Science & Engineering)
- Miguel Morales, University of Florida (Water Policy & Socio Economics)
Ph.D. Dissertation Honorable Mention
- Jinduan Chen, University of Cincinnati
- Jingxiu Ding, Texas A&M University
- Julie Watson, Oregon State University
- Kelly Mott Lacroix, University of Arizona
- Madeline Gotkowitz, University of Wisconsin
- Micah Bennett, Southern Illinois University